Wednesday, July 29, 2009

12 more days

Well I've been successful so far on my two mile jogs. I completed it on Monday, yesterday around 9:30am, and this morning at 6:30am. I'm feeling good but very very sore. My thighs are on fire. I always heard that if you exercise when you are sore its supposed to help get rid of your soreness faster, but I don't think that is true at all.

As for food...........yesterday we went to breakfast and I had two eggs over medium, hash browns, and two slices of dry wheat toast. For lunch we were supposed to go to Pappa's Burgers in Ft. Worth but it was very busy when we got there so we decided to go to Uncle Julio's instead. I had two sour cream chicken enchiladas (hey I haven't had those in a looooooooong time and Uncle Julios is amazing) a little bit of mexican rice and a little bit of refried beans......and one flour tortilla. I had some chips and salsa but not nearly as much as I would normally consume. I did not have a sangria or a margarita (I would have taken either in a heartbeat!).

Dinner was a turkey sandwich and steamed squash. The only alcoholic beverage I had was a low calorie margarita.

All in all I think I did pretty darn good. I exercised yesterday so that should help also.

I joined the calorieking.com club that they offer. I'm excited about it. According to my weight (I rounded to 155 for an even number even though I'm really 154.2 but who's counting) and my age and what weight I want to be at, I am supposed to eat 1300 calories a day. I really don't know how many calories I usually consume in a day but I don't think it is more than 1300 honestly. I bet it is pretty darn close.

Anyway for breakfast today I'm going to have 1/2 cup of egg beaters with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese nuked in the microwave on a 100 calorie English muffin. That is roughly 195 calories right there.

Lunch will be a sandwich and some steamed veggies I'm sure. If I want a snack I'm going to have an apple with a 60 calorie size serving of light n' fit yogurt. Dinner will probably be a lean cuisine (I don't cook dinner on Wednesday nights). I'll probably have a couple alcoholic drinks averaging 100 calories each. Plus my jogging burns off around 185 calories so that should help some too.

Alright off to fix breakfast and hang out with the kiddo.

No comments: