Monday, July 20, 2009

Diet (blah!) 7/20

I decided that I'm going to try to blog about my diet each day in hopes that it will keep me on board and accountable for my actions (all of them).

After giving birth ten months ago, I've still got about 15 lbs. of baby weight still hanging around. I was staying steadily around 160 for a while, but then had a few stressful months which dropped me down to teetering around 155. That means I've got 15 lbs to lose to be back to pre baby (and I really want to be down to about 135, so that really translates into 20 lbs.)

When I was younger and inspired to lose weight due to my impending wedding, I was able to shed close to 20 lbs in roughly six months. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long this time. Yes its been ten months already and I've only really lost 5 lbs, but I really didn't try THAT HARD to lose the weight the last ten months. I was more concerned with sleep for about the first four months then I was about losing weight. But now that my child is older and easier (somewhat) to take care of, I can concentrate more on looking (and feeling) good. To me looking good does have to do with my weight. When I weigh less I feel more confident and I think I look a lot better too.

I started dieting for real last week. July 11th was a day of major splurging as was July 12th. July 13th was operation diet! I did fabulously all last week. I weighed myself on Friday (July 17th) and the scale showed 154.8. I made a goal for myself to be down to 150 by the Motley Crue concert (Aug. 8th). Gotta look hot for my crush Tommy! That means basically 5lbs. in three weeks. Saturday, July 18th was my splurge day. I feel it is important to have one day where you can splurge a little to reward yourself for doing so well and so you don't feel like you are only eating carrots and celery all the time. Saturday my dear husband and I decided to go to Red Lobster. Here I consumed the salad with a little bit of ranch dressing, one yummy biscuit, the lunch portion of shrimp linguinie alfredo, and DH and I shared an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms and calamari. I left feeling full and satisfied! Later that evening I had some bluebell ice cream (not a whole lot or anything). Saturday was very good in my book. Sunday (yesterday) I was back on plan. The only real splurge came at dinner time. We had whole wheat penne pasta with marinara sauce and two slices of garlic cheese toast.

Today I'm on plan again and doing well. I've had a hard boiled egg with Franks Red Hot for breakfast. Lunch consisted of a turkey sandwich and about ten baked lays potato chips along with an apple and light 'n fit yogurt as my "dipping sauce". I hate yogurt by itself so I disguise it as best I can. My calories consumed thus far are roughly 420. I do not count calories for fresh fruit or steamed vegetables. Plus, I did walk away the pounds the 2 mile walk/jog interval. My dinner is going to be shake n bake pork chops (2 thin slices of pork chops), steamed green beans, and about a cup of garden vegetable rice (Uncle Ben's microwaveable rice). I also plan on having a few alcoholic beverages. More to come on that.

No comments: