Monday, June 23, 2008

worst luck ever

Today I had to go over to my mother-in-law's new house to wait for Best Buy to deliver her new refridgerator. They said they would be there between 2-4pm today, so I decided to head over a little early so I could lay out by the pool before they got there. I gathered all of my stuff and walked on out to the pool. I got out one of the floaty things and got in the water. I was just relaxing and having a good ol' time. At about 1:50 I decide I should go ahead and go back up to the house so I could hear the delivery men arrive. I walk up to the back door and go to turn the handle and realize that I locked myself out of the damn house! I knew I had locked the front door, but decided to walk around front just in case a small miracle had occured and I hadn't locked it. Sure enough, I did. I was locked out of the house and the delivery men were scheduled to be dropping off her fridge between 2-4. Panicked I call my husband and tell him "Don't be mad, but I kinda locked myself out of your mom's house." He said he'd head that way to unlock the door and let me back in. I waited for about five minutes and then my phone rang and it was my mother-in-law asking if the delivery men were there yet. I explained to her the situation as I was walking around to the front of the house to see if they were actually here yet. Sure enough they were. She said she'd be there in about 5 mins. to unlock the door and let both me and the delivery men in. I went and told them that basically I was a moron and somehow locked myself out of the house, but the owner would be here in like five minutes to let all of us in..........please just wait. Thank God they actually waited and didn't decide to "come back later". She showed up in record speed and let everyone in. I cannot tell you how stupid I felt with the whole ordeal. My one job for the day was to be at the house when the delivery men showed up to deliver the fridge. Apparently I can't even handle that! So from now on, if I go out to the pool alone........unsupervised.........I will be bringing my keys along with my cell phone. It was purely by the grace of God that I had my cell phone because I seriously contemplated not taking it out to the pool with me. Today was definitely a Monday! Geez..........

3 comments:

Capp said...

It's still funny too. :)
Yes, starting a sentence with "don't be mad" is a horrible way to open a conversation. lol.

Anonymous said...

so funny, kristen. should we end our friendship? am i rubbing off on you? the funniest part is thinking of you walking around in your swimsuit(ok, so you probably had on a cover-up, but I'm imagining you in a swimsuit). Not that you look bad in a swimsuit (I wouldn't know, and I'm definitely not one to judge), but I put myself in your situation, and that is the part that would freak me out the most. There, for all the world and delivery drivers and my mother-in-law (God, rest her soul) and even my hubbie to see: me and my fatass in a swimsuit walking around. So, just pretend that you were in a swimsuit, k? Even funnier. JRO

kpugh said...

Yes, for the record and for those of you sick enough to wonder, I was in my swimsuit.....my maternity swimsuit nonetheless. I tried to leave that part out in hopes that no one would ask, leave it to Jen to ask.