Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Karma

webster defines it as the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence............the force generated by a person's actions.................basically if you do good, good comes to you and if you do bad, well then eventually sooner or later, you're gonna get fucked.

I do not claim to be a do gooder. I'm not a goody good and I don't ever want to be, but at the same time, I'm not a bad person either. I'm happily somewhere in the middle (but closer to good than to bad I think). So why am i getting bad when i'm not putting out bad?

For instance, what seems like forever ago, I got into a small little car accident and it was not my fault. I got in touch with my insurance and the lady's insurance and filed a claim on her insurance for the damages she did to my car. Well apparently if you dodge phone calls from your insurance company, eventually they will just give up, and advice you (the innocent one) to claim the damage on your insurance. I thought that this was completely ludacris (you know, like the rapper) and said basically.....HELL NO. So finally the insurance company did get in touch with the she-devil and they mailed me a check for the damages done along with an estimate about what it was going to take to fix it.

So I finally decide to go get my car fixed yesterday. The auto repair shop told me that it would be about 900.00 to fix the damages done and I wanted to jump for joy. Maybe there was in fact karma and justice in the world, because the insurance company had issued me a check for a little over 1600.00 to repair the damages. Of course I jumped right on it and did a happy dance in my head due to the fact that I would be saving 700.00...........not really saving, but getting 700.00 from the insurance company to do with as I pleased. HOORAY!!!! I thought.

This morning the repair guy called and said that the damage was more extensive than what he thought it was and it would cost more than the 900.00 he quoted me. Immediately I was saddened, and a little panicked. What if it cost more than 1600.00 to fix my damn car? What then? Finally a few minutes ago, he called back and said it was going to be closer to 1500.00 to fix my car. :( No bonus for me this time. No karma saying, "we realize the accident was not your fault, and all the trouble you had to go through was a pain in the ass, here's a little bonus!" No, no, karma did not say that. Instead, karma said, "hey you got hit by some crazy ass lady, and you should be thankful that you're getting it fixed on her dime instead of yours. stop whining you cry baby!"

But I want it to be known that I am not complaining about this. I am perfectly fine with having to pay 1500.00 for the repairs. I AM NOT COMPLAINING. Did you hear that karma?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're good. you're funny.
now update your blog! :) jro