Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dreams

I have had some of the craziest dreams the last few months (my friends and husband can attest to their weirdness because I always share) and most people attribute my weird dreams to the fact that I'm pregnant. Apparently, pregnant women have some really odd dreams. (But I think my dreams were always weird) I can usually remember them quite well and in detail for a while after waking, which is a hard thing to do for me normally. So, the other day I was flipping through one of my many different versions of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book, and stumbled across a section about strange dreams. I though....woohoo........now I might actually get some help or explanations to some of my crazy ass dreams. So I read the little page and a half article about pregnant women and their dreams and I read through all of the "popular" strange dreams pregnant women report having to see if any of mine fell into any of those categories so I could figure out what my dreams "meant"....................my dreams didn't match ANY of the categories. None! Of course in the book there were different variations of anxiety about baby or money problems or not being in control, etc. etc., but none fit my strange ass dreams! I was so disappointed. I need answers damn it.

One of my funniest dreams I have ever had involved my husband cheating on me. Now most people would think that this would not be a pleasant and definitely not a funny dream, but the way it all played out was hilarious to me. I've never had a dream about my spouse being unfaithful until this one................

Cliff Note's version.................I found out he was cheating on me with some girl I did not know (thankfully) and that this girl was his girlfriend as he put it and he had no intention of getting rid of her. I told him that this was unacceptable and that I could not live with him when he's cheating on me, so I told him to pick basically, and well he decided that he couldn't give up his girlfriend of two months, so I said that he had to go back to our place and pack up his crap and get the hell out. He didn't seem to mind too much, in fact, he told me that he and his girlfriend were planning a vacation trip anyway and this would just make it easier because he wouldn't have to lie about why he was gone for a week. So he packed up a suitcase full of his possessions and left. I was so mad at him for cheating on me and being such a jerk! (as I'm sure any girl in her right mind would be) Well apparently he and his girlfriend got on a plane and were flying to their tropical vacation location when horribly (for them) their plane crashed on a deserted island. (Did I mention the fact that I had just started watching the series Lost when I had this dream?) So there they were stranded on a deserted island with a few other people not knowing what to do. Andy (my spouse) decided to see if per chance his cell phone was working and if he had a signal. He had a very slight signal and it was somewhat working. The catch was that the only number he could dial was my number. So he tried calling me to tell me what had happened, and I was still pissed off at him for running off with some floozy that I saw he was calling me and I hit ignore. He tried and tried to call and I just kept hitting ignore. Teach you to cheat on me you jack ass!!! Now you can understand why my spouse cheating on me in a dream was actually funny!


Sharing your dreams with other people can be a bit odd. I love sharing my dreams with people, especially when they are funny or when they involve the person you're telling your dream to. But, there are lines that you just don't cross. I would never tell my co-worker that I had a dream about us sleeping together or anything of that sort, because then they might get the wrong idea. How awkward would that be?!..................Hey, so I had this dream last night that you and I were making out when all of a sudden...........etc. etc.......................Then the next day the co-worker you dreamed you made out with now starts acting strangely toward you and asks you out for drinks. There's just some dreams you don't tell....................at least to certain people. I'm a teacher and I often dream about my students or about a class in general and that is always kind of weird. As if I don't see these children enough during the day, I have to see them in my dream! I can always tell I have anxiety about school when I dream a dream about having zero classroom management and that my students are just ignoring me and doing whatever the hell they want to do. I've had several of those dreams and I always feel like such a horrible teacher in my dream. Then when I get to school I'm paranoid that my dream is somehow going to come true, so I'm superbitch that day and I don't let anyone talk or do anything that could lead to what happened in my dream.

I really think life would be boring without dreams. They really get you to thinking about things and I always try to figure out what they could possibly mean. Most of the time they are so weird, I have no idea where to even start to interpret them.

No comments: