Friday, July 11, 2008

july 11

Word of the Day

ignominious • \ig-nuh-MIN-ee-us\ • adjective
1 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable
2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable
*3 : humiliating, degrading


The stick-in-the-mud teacher told her students that "That's what she said" is an ignominous comment that is not appropriate for the classroom.



So I'm bored, what can I say. I thought I could enhance my vocabulary and provide my readers with an enhanced vocabulary as well. I'm such a teacher!

This week has been somewhat uneventful which in my book is usually a good thing. Eventful weeks are usually filled with crappy news, crappy situations, or anything that is just plain crappy.

I finally got my car back on Tuesday. Goodbye minivan! (FYI, it is very difficult to try to type on my blog when my cat is blocking the computer screen.) Also on Tuesday I had to do a three hour long glucose test. This required me to first go to my doctor's office to pick up the order for the test and then I had to go over to LabCorp and get my blood drawn a total of four times. The first blood draw was a cake walk. Then I had to drink a sugary drink that was kind of like orange crush with about thirteen packets of sweet n low added to it. Tasty. After I finished it, I was given a blood draw schedule..........10:50, 11:50, and 12:50. Thankfully I have good veins so they were able to alternate between my arms. After the first blood draw I had to go back out into the tiny waiting room and watch people shuffle in and shuffle out while I sat there waiting for another blood draw. That was basically what happened the whole time I was there. Everyone was leaving except me! (Did I mention this was a fasting blood draw?) I was hungry, irritable, and having to get my blood drawn.........I'm surprised I didn't kill someone while I was in the waiting room because we all know how I feel about waiting. Finally I was able to go home, but I decided to go eat first..........hooray for food. Then I went and dropped off the mommy mobile and picked up my shiny silver PT Cruiser.

Wednesday I went to Kohl's to exchange some maternity clothes my m-i-l bought me that didn't quite fit (a little too snug) and then Andy and I went to Babies R Us to register for baby stuff. That was quite entertaining. My husband is one of those that if it looks cool and we might use it he's gonna scan it. His philosphy is that someone might buy it for us so why don't we go ahead and scan it. I'm more of a needs based shopper. What are the things we need or the things we are going to need? I'll scan those items. All that baby stuff was a bit overwhelming...........where is all of it going to fit in our house?

Thursday I got a haircut.......really a trim actually and I scheduled an appointment for a 4D sonogram which I'm very excited about. We've only had two sonograms at this point so any chance to see our little bundle of joy is exciting to me.

Which brings me to today. I've not left the house yet, but I have actually gotten dressed for the day.


We still need to register at Target which I guess we will do sometime this weekend since my baby shower is next Saturday. I am assuming my blood test came out okay because my doctor never called me with the results............again no news is good news.

No comments: